EMS LCD TopGun driver for Linux 2.6.x
Here's a small driver for Linux v2.6.x that will support the EMS LCD TopGun.
I wrote this driver mostly because the XBox-compatibility mode that this gun supports doesn't work very well with some MAME games (Area51, etc...).
This driver supports off-screen reload fine.
Thanks to Brian Goines and his GunCon2 driver for the basis of this work.
- v0.2 (04/14/08):
Thanks to Adolfo R. Brandes for the updates:
- Compiles and runs on newer kernels (tested up to 2.6.24).
- Rewrote the setting of bits, based on xpad360.
- Added module option debug=1
- v0.1 (02/26/06):
- untar the package and cd into the topgun-0.1 directory
- make install (as root)
- to use with AdvanceMAME, make sure you have the "Event interface" and "Joystick interface" support compiled in your kernel.
- make sure your gun is in the PC/PS2 position (Not XBox) and plug it in.
-Initial release. Tested mostly with AdvanceMAME.